Sometimes you might want to change your photograph to a black & white photograph to give your photograph a totally different look. The following instructions describe how to change your photograph using Adobe Photoshop.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom in the image to a size you need to work with.
3. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and set the Blending Mode to Color. (Figure 4 - A) Click OK.
4. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and leave the Blending Mode to Normal. Set the Saturation to -100 (Figure 1 - A). Click 'OK'. Now you have two Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layers.
5. Double-click on the layer thumbnail of the bottom Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer. (Figure 2 - A)
6. The 'Hue' slider is what makes it all happen-move it around to see how the conversion reacts. (Figure 3 - A) You can also boost the saturation to make the effect more drastic.
7. Adjust it to your liking, and you're done! Tweaking the 'Hue' slider results in as if the picture was taken with different color filters.
8. Save the image with a new file name.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
The Old Road To Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod.
The road to Coast Guard Beach looked quite different before the Blizzard of 1978. (Click on blog to see old photograph from the Cape Cod National Seashore.) Before the Blizzard of 1978, there used to be hundreds of parking places for people could access the beach. You can see these in the 2nd photograph. It … Continue reading The Old Road To Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod.
Calling All Female House Sparrows On Cape Cod!!
We’ve had this male House Sparrow sitting on the birdhouse outside our bedroom chirping for the past 6 days, almost nonstop. He starts about 5:00 am and chirps until dark. We thought he had lost his mate or something catastrophic. His constant chirping is “driving us crazy!” ðŸ'‚ When Phil did some research last night, … Continue reading Calling All Female House Sparrows On Cape Cod!!
Colorful Scotch Broom Wildflowers On Cape Cod.
The bright yellow color with a hint of orange of the Scotch Broom caught my eye the other day as I was walking to the beach. The Scotch Broom is a stiffly branched shrub with 1″ yellow pea-shaped flowers near the end of the branches. The plant grows 3-5 feet and the flowers bloom in … Continue reading Colorful Scotch Broom Wildflowers On Cape Cod.