Sometimes you need to use the same Adobe Photoshop action on multiple images. You could open each image one at a time and use the necessary action on the image or you can use the batch process to make your work faster and more efficient.
How To Use The Batch Process
Before starting the batch process, make a new folder in your computer named ActionFolder. Copy (Not Move) the images to this folder that you want to process. You now will have a duplicate copy of all your images after the action has been run and you will not lose any of your original images. In this example, the images are batch processed and copied back to the same folder over the original image. The image used is a duplicate copy of the original so the original image is not lost.
1. Choose File --> Automate --> Batch.
2. Select the Action that will be applied to each image (A).
3. If the action has multiple choices within the action, select the Action Choice (B). If the action only has one part, a choice will not be necessary.
4. Set Source to Folder (C). Click the Choose button (D) and select the Folder that the images are located in (ActionFolder). Leave all of the next 3 boxes unchecked.
5. Set Destination to Folder (E). Click the Choose button (D) and select the Folder that the images are located in (ActionFolder). After the action has been run, the changed image will be copied over the original image in the ActionFolder.
6. Set the File Naming to Document Name and Extension to use the original image name (G). You always have the option to specify a naming scheme for saving your images so the new ones will not write over the old copies.
7. Click the OK button to run the batch (H).
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Perfect Time For A Hike On White Cedar Swamp Trail On Cape Cod.
White Cedar Swamp Trail in Wellfleet is the perfect hike for the fall with all of the changing colors. This was a beautiful day, sunny and windy. It’s a fairly easy hike with the trail down to the swamp, a boardwalk over the swamp and then an old road back to the trailhead. So pretty, … Continue reading Perfect Time For A Hike On White Cedar Swamp Trail On Cape Cod.
Vibrant, Yellow Common Tansy Wildflower At Fort Hill On Cape Cod.
The Common Tansy wildflower is one of the last ones to bloom in late summer or early fall. I saw this one a few weeks ago by the lower parking lot at Fort Hill. It is such a delicate, little wildflower in a vibrant yellow. Love the button-like flowers. Have you ever seen a Common … Continue reading Vibrant, Yellow Common Tansy Wildflower At Fort Hill On Cape Cod.
Love The Bridge Over Nauset Marsh On Cape Cod.
One of our favorite walks is from Doane Rock to Coast Guard Beach. Each time you go, it is so different. You can see that fall is here with the marsh grasses turning a yellowy brown. So pretty, don’t you think? Have you ever walked over this bridge?