Sometimes you need to use the same Adobe Photoshop action on multiple images. You could open each image one at a time and use the necessary action on the image or you can use the batch process to make your work faster and more efficient.
How To Use The Batch Process
Before starting the batch process, make a new folder in your computer named ActionFolder. Copy (Not Move) the images to this folder that you want to process. You now will have a duplicate copy of all your images after the action has been run and you will not lose any of your original images. In this example, the images are batch processed and copied back to the same folder over the original image. The image used is a duplicate copy of the original so the original image is not lost.
1. Choose File --> Automate --> Batch.
2. Select the Action that will be applied to each image (A).
3. If the action has multiple choices within the action, select the Action Choice (B). If the action only has one part, a choice will not be necessary.
4. Set Source to Folder (C). Click the Choose button (D) and select the Folder that the images are located in (ActionFolder). Leave all of the next 3 boxes unchecked.
5. Set Destination to Folder (E). Click the Choose button (D) and select the Folder that the images are located in (ActionFolder). After the action has been run, the changed image will be copied over the original image in the ActionFolder.
6. Set the File Naming to Document Name and Extension to use the original image name (G). You always have the option to specify a naming scheme for saving your images so the new ones will not write over the old copies.
7. Click the OK button to run the batch (H).
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Lone Egret At Rock Harbor On Cape Cod.
I stopped by Rock Harbor on my bike ride the other morning and was greeted with this beautiful view. I love the Egret by the side of the beach grass and the contrasting colors of the jetty. Pretty, don’t you think?
Wellfleet Docks On Cape Cod.
There are still plenty of boats at the docks in back of Wellfleet Harbor behind the pier. I loved this photograph of the rocks and waterways and the reflection of the poles in the water. What do you think?
Beautiful Common Loon At Stage Harbor On Cape Cod.
Phil and I had stopped to look at the boats at Stage Harbor in Chatham when we saw this Common Loon shoveling through the water. I quickly got my camera. It had this crab in its bill. Amazing, don’t you think? (Click on blog link to see other photos.) Such a gorgeous bird. I loved … Continue reading Beautiful Common Loon At Stage Harbor On Cape Cod.