Sometimes you need to sharpen the hair and eyes while at the same time leaving the skin natural. Using the technique described below will add sharpness to the hair and eyes in your photographs.
How To Sharpen The Hair And Eyes
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Make a duplicate copy of the image by either (Ctl+J) or Choose Layer --> New --> Layer Via Copy.
3. Select the new layer. Set the Blend Mode to Overlay (Figure 1 A) and set the Opacity to 75% (Figure 1 B). You can always change the opacity setting to suit your preference and your photograph.
4. Select the new layer. Open the filter box. Choose Filter --> Other --> High Pass. Start with a setting of 2 for the Pixel Radius (Figure 2 A). You can always change this setting to suit your preference and your photograph. Click OK.
5. Choose the eraser and erase from the new layer any unwanted sharpness that is unnecessary. Set the eraser to a size which will enable you to erase small portions of your photograph.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Herring Cove Beach in Provincetown On Cape Cod Was Gorgeous!
Herring Cove Beach in Provincetown is always so pretty. I loved the clouds in this photograph. What do you think?
Huge Bird Tracks In The Snow On Cape Cod!
We were just finishing our hike by Nauset Marsh the other day when I saw these tracks in the snow. What on earth were they? At first I thought they were hiking pole holes, but there were no hiking boot tracks or any other tracks nearby. Hmmm… (Click on blog link to see other photos.) … Continue reading Huge Bird Tracks In The Snow On Cape Cod!
Love This View Of The Cape Cod Bay Flats.
I loved this view of the flats of Cape Cod Bay from First Encounter Beach. It looks like you can walk out for miles. Such pretty colors, don’t you think?