Sometimes you need to sharpen the hair and eyes while at the same time leaving the skin natural. Using the technique described below will add sharpness to the hair and eyes in your photographs.
How To Sharpen The Hair And Eyes
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Make a duplicate copy of the image by either (Ctl+J) or Choose Layer --> New --> Layer Via Copy.
3. Select the new layer. Set the Blend Mode to Overlay (Figure 1 A) and set the Opacity to 75% (Figure 1 B). You can always change the opacity setting to suit your preference and your photograph.
4. Select the new layer. Open the filter box. Choose Filter --> Other --> High Pass. Start with a setting of 2 for the Pixel Radius (Figure 2 A). You can always change this setting to suit your preference and your photograph. Click OK.
5. Choose the eraser and erase from the new layer any unwanted sharpness that is unnecessary. Set the eraser to a size which will enable you to erase small portions of your photograph.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Pretty White Mouse-Ear Chickweed On Cape Cod.
Mouse-ear Chickweed is a wildflower with tiny, white 1/2″ flowers. These flowers have 5 deeply notched petals and 5 prominent sepals. The 6-12″ plants grow from May through September so you should be able to see them this summer. I saw many of them along the trails at Fort Hill. It is often called … Continue reading Pretty White Mouse-Ear Chickweed On Cape Cod.
Least Terns On Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod.
We saw quite a few Least Terns on Coast Guard Beach the other day. They are New England’s smallest tern at 9.” They nest in small colonies and make their nests in the sand by scraping it. (Click link for another photograph.) Beautiful bird, don’t you think? Love the food in his bill! Have you … Continue reading Least Terns On Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod.
Tranquility At Boat Meadow Beach On Cape Cod.
It was a gorgeous afternoon at Boat Meadow Beach and the perfect day to enjoy the tranquility that it has to offer. I loved this photograph of this 2 masted sailboat and the magnificent clouds in the sky. The colors were spectacular! What do you think?