Sometimes the sky does not cooperate when a great photograph opportunity comes by. Using the technique described below will add a vibrant blue sky to your photograph.
How To Apply A Blue Sky To A Section Of Your Photograph
Note: This technique assumes that there are already clouds in your photograph.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Make a luminosity selection by holding the Ctl and Alt key down and clicking the ~ key (located in the top left section of the keyboard under the Esc Key).
3. Make a duplicate copy of the image by either (Ctl+J) or Choose Layer --> New --> Layer Via Copy.
4. Select the new layer (Figure 1 A).
5. Set the new layer's mode Blending Option to COLOR BURN (Figure 1 B) (or MULTIPLY for a less intense effect).
6. Adjust the layer Opacity to suit your taste looking at the sky only (Figure 1 C).
7. Add a LAYER MASK to the new layer by clicking on the the LAYER MASK icon at the bottom of the layers palette (Figure 1 D).
8. With the LAYER MASK still active (Figure 2 A), choose a large soft edged brush (150) set to REDUCED FLOW (25%). Adjust the brush settings to what is needed for your particular situation. Set the color to black and paint slowly over the clouds and the all the areas on the rest of the photograph that are not to be darkened. Change the color to white to correct any area that needs to be darkened again.
9. When you are satisfied with the finished image, save the file.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Perfect Day For Surfing Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod.
The waves at Coast Guard Beach, part of the National Seashore, have been unbelievable the past few days. By mid-morning on Saturday, the surfers started showing up. The word must be out… Surf's Up!
Windblown Sand Dunes At First Encounter Beach on Cape Cod¦ Two Perspectives!
I loved this simple photograph of the windblown dune at First Encounter Beach in Eastham, Most of the footprints have been blown away. I took several photos of this dune. (Click on blog link to see other photo.) I couldn’t decide if I liked the 1st one or the 2nd one better. The 2nd one … Continue reading Windblown Sand Dunes At First Encounter Beach on Cape Cod… Two Perspectives!
The Piping Plovers Are Back On Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod!
Yesterday was a gorgeous day so we took an early morning walk on Coast Guard Beach. It was just beautiful. Just as we were about to reach the newly posted signs about the nesting Piping Plovers, I saw something scurry from the water up onto the beach. There it was… our first Piping Plover of … Continue reading The Piping Plovers Are Back On Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod!