Sometimes the sky does not cooperate when a great photograph opportunity comes by. Using the technique described below will add a vibrant blue sky to your photograph.
How To Apply A Blue Sky To A Section Of Your Photograph
Note: This technique assumes that there are already clouds in your photograph.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Make a luminosity selection by holding the Ctl and Alt key down and clicking the ~ key (located in the top left section of the keyboard under the Esc Key).
3. Make a duplicate copy of the image by either (Ctl+J) or Choose Layer --> New --> Layer Via Copy.
4. Select the new layer (Figure 1 A).
5. Set the new layer's mode Blending Option to COLOR BURN (Figure 1 B) (or MULTIPLY for a less intense effect).
6. Adjust the layer Opacity to suit your taste looking at the sky only (Figure 1 C).
7. Add a LAYER MASK to the new layer by clicking on the the LAYER MASK icon at the bottom of the layers palette (Figure 1 D).
8. With the LAYER MASK still active (Figure 2 A), choose a large soft edged brush (150) set to REDUCED FLOW (25%). Adjust the brush settings to what is needed for your particular situation. Set the color to black and paint slowly over the clouds and the all the areas on the rest of the photograph that are not to be darkened. Change the color to white to correct any area that needs to be darkened again.
9. When you are satisfied with the finished image, save the file.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Perfect Time For A Hike On White Cedar Swamp Trail On Cape Cod.
White Cedar Swamp Trail in Wellfleet is the perfect hike for the fall with all of the changing colors. This was a beautiful day, sunny and windy. It’s a fairly easy hike with the trail down to the swamp, a boardwalk over the swamp and then an old road back to the trailhead. So pretty, … Continue reading Perfect Time For A Hike On White Cedar Swamp Trail On Cape Cod.
Vibrant, Yellow Common Tansy Wildflower At Fort Hill On Cape Cod.
The Common Tansy wildflower is one of the last ones to bloom in late summer or early fall. I saw this one a few weeks ago by the lower parking lot at Fort Hill. It is such a delicate, little wildflower in a vibrant yellow. Love the button-like flowers. Have you ever seen a Common … Continue reading Vibrant, Yellow Common Tansy Wildflower At Fort Hill On Cape Cod.
Love The Bridge Over Nauset Marsh On Cape Cod.
One of our favorite walks is from Doane Rock to Coast Guard Beach. Each time you go, it is so different. You can see that fall is here with the marsh grasses turning a yellowy brown. So pretty, don’t you think? Have you ever walked over this bridge?