Sometimes you might want to combine monotone with color to produce a new look for your photograph. The history brush is very effective in helping to create that combination.
How To Apply Monotone Using The History Brush
Note: The history brush will not work properly if the photograph is resampled or the image size has been changed. The snapshots that are indicated below are not saved when the finished photograph is saved.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom the image to 100%.
3. Choose Image --> Adjustment --> Hue/Saturation. Click the colorize box (E) and a check will appear. Click OK. The history screen will display the unsharpen mask as indicated in the image below (A).
4. Click the camera located on the bottom of the history screen (B). A snapshot of the photography will appear named as Snapshot 1 (B).
5. Select the history brush from the tool box and choose the brush size needed.
6. Click the box on the left side of Snapshot 1 (C). Click open on the history screen and the word open will be highlighted in blue (D).
7. Slowly paint the area that you want to appear in a monotone. You might want to use the Magic Wand to help isolate the sections that need to be painted.
8. You can add additional snapshots at any time if your image needs additional editing.
9. Save the image.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Lone Egret At Rock Harbor On Cape Cod.
I stopped by Rock Harbor on my bike ride the other morning and was greeted with this beautiful view. I love the Egret by the side of the beach grass and the contrasting colors of the jetty. Pretty, don’t you think?
Wellfleet Docks On Cape Cod.
There are still plenty of boats at the docks in back of Wellfleet Harbor behind the pier. I loved this photograph of the rocks and waterways and the reflection of the poles in the water. What do you think?
Beautiful Common Loon At Stage Harbor On Cape Cod.
Phil and I had stopped to look at the boats at Stage Harbor in Chatham when we saw this Common Loon shoveling through the water. I quickly got my camera. It had this crab in its bill. Amazing, don’t you think? (Click on blog link to see other photos.) Such a gorgeous bird. I loved … Continue reading Beautiful Common Loon At Stage Harbor On Cape Cod.