Sometimes you might want to combine monotone with color to produce a new look for your photograph. The history brush is very effective in helping to create that combination.
How To Apply Monotone Using The History Brush
Note: The history brush will not work properly if the photograph is resampled or the image size has been changed. The snapshots that are indicated below are not saved when the finished photograph is saved.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom the image to 100%.
3. Choose Image --> Adjustment --> Hue/Saturation. Click the colorize box (E) and a check will appear. Click OK. The history screen will display the unsharpen mask as indicated in the image below (A).
4. Click the camera located on the bottom of the history screen (B). A snapshot of the photography will appear named as Snapshot 1 (B).
5. Select the history brush from the tool box and choose the brush size needed.
6. Click the box on the left side of Snapshot 1 (C). Click open on the history screen and the word open will be highlighted in blue (D).
7. Slowly paint the area that you want to appear in a monotone. You might want to use the Magic Wand to help isolate the sections that need to be painted.
8. You can add additional snapshots at any time if your image needs additional editing.
9. Save the image.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Nauset Beach On Cape Cod, Looking South Toward Chatham.
When you look at the views on Nauset Beach, they are so different looking north and looking south. This photograph, looking south toward Chatham, was a cloudy day but you could see the the sun peeking out from just above the horizon. Pretty don’t you think?
Higgins Pond In Nickerson State Park On Cape Cod Was Gorgeous!
We decided to take a hike after breakfast the other day as the weather was supposed to turn with wind, rain and a bit of snow in the forecast. (Click on blog link to see other photos.) We had never hiked the Higgins Pond Loop Trail at Nickerson State Park, so we headed out. What … Continue reading Higgins Pond In Nickerson State Park On Cape Cod Was Gorgeous!
The AllTrails App Has Great New Feature For Hiking On Cape Cod Or Anywhere.
We downloaded one of the hikes at Nickerson State Park and started out the other day. We were only into the hike a couple of minutes when we heard a beep on the phone app. There was an alert that we had gone “off-route.” What a wonderful addition to the AllTrails app. You can leave … Continue reading The AllTrails App Has Great New Feature For Hiking On Cape Cod Or Anywhere.