Just because the sky did not cooperate with the moment doesn't mean that the photograph is entirely ruined. With the help of Adobe Photoshop and the cloud filter, it is possible to create an entirely different feeling for your photograph.
How To Add Blue Sky & Clouds
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom the image to 50%.
3. Select the sky with the magic wand (check the contiguous box and set the tolerance in the range of 22).
4. Choose Layer --> New --> Via Copy. This will create a new layer with just the selected sky selected with the magic wand.
5. Choose Image --> Adjustments --> Variations. Check the midtone box in the right top section of the screen.
6. Click on Add Blue variations as many times as needed by watching the preview screen. Click OK when done.
7. Choose Edit --> Fade Variations. Move the opacity percent to a level that is needed for your photograph.
8. Add a layer mask to the sky and paint a semitransparent mask along the horizon where the blue sky normally fades using a large soft brush set at 40% opacity. This step is optional depending on the type of photograph and whether the sky actually meets the horizon.
9. Choose Filters --> Render --> Clouds. This will add the clouds to the new sky. Make sure the sky layer has been selected.
10. If needed, change the opacity of the new sky layer.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod Was Spectacular Yesterday!
Yesterday was a gorgeous day so we decided to have a picnic in the car at Nauset Light Beach and then go to Coast Guard Beach for a little walk. It was just gorgeous. We walked partway down the beach but the tide was coming in and we didn’t want to get stuck on the … Continue reading Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod Was Spectacular Yesterday!
The Marconi Beach Stairs In Wellfleet On Cape Cod Made It Through The Winter!
The stairs at Marconi Beach in Wellfleet on Cape Cod made it through the winter intact! It’s always a question at the beginning of winter… will the stairs at the Cape Cod beaches make it through the winter? As you can see, these are pretty substantial steps! And a beautiful view in the distance. Have … Continue reading The Marconi Beach Stairs In Wellfleet On Cape Cod Made It Through The Winter!
Carolina Wren Searching For Food On Our Deck On Cape Cod.
I’ve been watching this little Carolina Wren on our deck for a while now. He loves to peck between the boards as he moves up and down them. I wonder what he is finding… food, I presume. (Click on blog link for other photo.) I have never seen a bird be so diligent about cleaning … Continue reading Carolina Wren Searching For Food On Our Deck On Cape Cod.