It seems that there are always a few of your photographs that manage to have some "Purple Fringing" with digital cameras. And, of course, it seems to be the ones that you favor the most. There have been
numerous technical articles written about the cause of this complaint. The bottom line is that it is an inherent problem with some digital cameras and it normally occurs when an area of a photograph is overexposed. Using software applications such as Adobe Photoshop, it is possible to decrease the visibility of the chromatic aberrations.
How To Repair Chromatic Aberrations With Adobe Photoshop
This technique replaces the magenta color with a lighter gray shade. It does not completely fix the problem, but it makes it less visible.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom the image to 100%.
3. Move the image on the screen so that the chromatic aberration is visible.
4. Choose Image --> Adjust --> Hue/Saturation. The screen displayed below will be displayed.
5. Click on the Edit down arrow and change the color to Magentas (see A).
6. Change the Saturation to -80 (see B) and the Lightness to +16 (see C). This is just an average approximation. You may want to change these numbers slightly depending on the image. The screen displayed below will be displayed.
7. Slowly push the color ramp (see D) either up or down the spectrum. Be careful to keep the spectrum in the Magenta level. Once you see that the chromatic aberration has been cleared, stop and click on OK.
8. Move the image around the screen to make sure all the chromatic aberration is eliminated from the whole image.
9. Save the image.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Pretty White Mouse-Ear Chickweed On Cape Cod.
Mouse-ear Chickweed is a wildflower with tiny, white 1/2″ flowers. These flowers have 5 deeply notched petals and 5 prominent sepals. The 6-12″ plants grow from May through September so you should be able to see them this summer. I saw many of them along the trails at Fort Hill. It is often called … Continue reading Pretty White Mouse-Ear Chickweed On Cape Cod.
Least Terns On Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod.
We saw quite a few Least Terns on Coast Guard Beach the other day. They are New England’s smallest tern at 9.” They nest in small colonies and make their nests in the sand by scraping it. (Click link for another photograph.) Beautiful bird, don’t you think? Love the food in his bill! Have you … Continue reading Least Terns On Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod.
Tranquility At Boat Meadow Beach On Cape Cod.
It was a gorgeous afternoon at Boat Meadow Beach and the perfect day to enjoy the tranquility that it has to offer. I loved this photograph of this 2 masted sailboat and the magnificent clouds in the sky. The colors were spectacular! What do you think?