It seems that there are always a few of your photographs that manage to have some "Purple Fringing" with digital cameras. And, of course, it seems to be the ones that you favor the most. There have been
numerous technical articles written about the cause of this complaint. The bottom line is that it is an inherent problem with some digital cameras and it normally occurs when an area of a photograph is overexposed. Using software applications such as Adobe Photoshop, it is possible to decrease the visibility of the chromatic aberrations.
How To Repair Chromatic Aberrations With Adobe Photoshop
This technique replaces the magenta color with a lighter gray shade. It does not completely fix the problem, but it makes it less visible.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom the image to 100%.
3. Move the image on the screen so that the chromatic aberration is visible.
4. Choose Image --> Adjust --> Hue/Saturation. The screen displayed below will be displayed.
5. Click on the Edit down arrow and change the color to Magentas (see A).
6. Change the Saturation to -80 (see B) and the Lightness to +16 (see C). This is just an average approximation. You may want to change these numbers slightly depending on the image. The screen displayed below will be displayed.
7. Slowly push the color ramp (see D) either up or down the spectrum. Be careful to keep the spectrum in the Magenta level. Once you see that the chromatic aberration has been cleared, stop and click on OK.
8. Move the image around the screen to make sure all the chromatic aberration is eliminated from the whole image.
9. Save the image.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
The Pink Water Willow Wildflowers Are Blooming By Cape Cod Waters!
The Water Willows are in full bloom near the waters and swamps on Cape Cod. You can see them on the boardwalk on The Red Maple Swamps Trail at Fort Hill or going over the bridge on the Silver Spring Trail at the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary. They are so pretty and so unique. (Click … Continue reading The Pink Water Willow Wildflowers Are Blooming By Cape Cod Waters!
Red-Spotted Purple Butterfly In Provincetown On Cape Cod!
I had a little extra time on my way to Provincetown, so I stopped at the Beech Forest Trail to see what I could find. Oh my! Thank goodness I brought my camera! There were birds, butterflies and dragonflies galore! And I didn’t even have to walk more than 10 yards. Wow! (Click on blog … Continue reading Red-Spotted Purple Butterfly In Provincetown On Cape Cod!
Beautiful Early Morning Reflection At Rock Harbor On Cape Cod.
I loved this reflection of the boats at Rock Harbor early the other morning. It was about 6:00 am and low tide so the boats couldn’t go out yet. There was no one else around… perfect! So pretty, don’t you think?