The following is a list of gear that should be taken on all day paddles in order to minimize the risk of any accidents occurring:
Don't forget to always leave a paddling itinerary with someone and always paddle with another person.
- PFD - personal floatation device
- Spray skirt
- Bilge pump
- Spare paddle
- Tow line
- First aid kit with personal medicine and space blanket
- Marine VHF radio
- Cell Phone
- Tide Charts (or at least know the tide schedule)
- Weather radio
- Day/night distress signal (flares, mirror, whistle, blinking lights, etc.)
- Spare set of dry clothes
- Safety knife
- Paddle float
- Glass holder to keep glasses from falling off
- Repair kit (including pliers, nuts, bolts, tape, etc.)
- Paddle leash
- Food, high energy bars and snack
- Lip sunscreen, balm
- Dry Bags
- Paddling Jacket
- Spare eyeglasses
- Pogies or neoprene gloves (depending on the weather)
- Wetsuit, drysuit (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene hood (depending on the weather)
- Fleece top & pants (depending on the weather)
- Fleece cap (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene boots
- All overnight camping equipment (see hiking & backpacking section)
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Yellow-Legged Meadowhawk Dragonfly On Doane Rock Trail On Cape Cod.
I’ve seen quite a few of these Yellow-legged Meadowhawk dragonflies in the past few weeks, but they have never landed long enough for me to get a photograph. This one was on the side of the trail going from Doane Rock to Coast Guard Beach. It’s a gorgeous hike. This Yellow-legged Meadowhawk is reddish-brown with … Continue reading Yellow-Legged Meadowhawk Dragonfly On Doane Rock Trail On Cape Cod.
Kite Surfing At First Encounter Beach On Cape Cod.
There were so many kite surfers enjoying the crazy winds here on Cape Cod yesterday at First Encounter Beach. It was fun just to go and watch their tricks. I loved this guy who would jump about 30+ feet off of the water into the sky. In the last photograph he looks like he is … Continue reading Kite Surfing At First Encounter Beach On Cape Cod.
Little Cliff Pond Trail At Nickerson State Park In Brewster On Cape Cod.
We took an awesome hike at Nickerson State Park in Brewster called Little Cliff Pond Trail. You hike along the shores of Cliff Pond, then through the woods to Little Cliff Pond where you see some spectacular view, especially in the fall. The hike back is along the opposite shore but up on a cliff … Continue reading Little Cliff Pond Trail At Nickerson State Park In Brewster On Cape Cod.