The following is a list of gear that should be taken on all day paddles in order to minimize the risk of any accidents occurring:
Don't forget to always leave a paddling itinerary with someone and always paddle with another person.
- PFD - personal floatation device
- Spray skirt
- Bilge pump
- Spare paddle
- Tow line
- First aid kit with personal medicine and space blanket
- Marine VHF radio
- Cell Phone
- Tide Charts (or at least know the tide schedule)
- Weather radio
- Day/night distress signal (flares, mirror, whistle, blinking lights, etc.)
- Spare set of dry clothes
- Safety knife
- Paddle float
- Glass holder to keep glasses from falling off
- Repair kit (including pliers, nuts, bolts, tape, etc.)
- Paddle leash
- Food, high energy bars and snack
- Lip sunscreen, balm
- Dry Bags
- Paddling Jacket
- Spare eyeglasses
- Pogies or neoprene gloves (depending on the weather)
- Wetsuit, drysuit (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene hood (depending on the weather)
- Fleece top & pants (depending on the weather)
- Fleece cap (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene boots
- All overnight camping equipment (see hiking & backpacking section)
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Beautiful View Of Nauset Marsh On Cape Cod.
Nauset Marsh is beautiful from any view. I took this photograph the other day at Fort Hill on the trail that goes way down to the water, past the big rock on the right from the upper parking lot. The grass is all brown but the water was so blue and you can see Coast … Continue reading Beautiful View Of Nauset Marsh On Cape Cod.
Beautiful Eastern Bluebird In Its Winter Colors Here On Cape Cod.
The Bluebirds are back and hungry at our bird feeders. I love watching them patiently wait their turn as it seems like only one likes to feed at a time. (Click blog link for other photo.) This is the same Bluebird atop the feeder pole, just at different angles. Such different coloring from the summer… … Continue reading Beautiful Eastern Bluebird In Its Winter Colors Here On Cape Cod.
High Tide On The Salt Marsh On Cape Cod.
The tide was so high on the salt marsh near our home that the marsh was barely visible. All you could see was water everywhere! So pretty, don’t you think?