The following is a list of gear that should be taken on all day paddles in order to minimize the risk of any accidents occurring:
Don't forget to always leave a paddling itinerary with someone and always paddle with another person.
- PFD - personal floatation device
- Spray skirt
- Bilge pump
- Spare paddle
- Tow line
- First aid kit with personal medicine and space blanket
- Marine VHF radio
- Cell Phone
- Tide Charts (or at least know the tide schedule)
- Weather radio
- Day/night distress signal (flares, mirror, whistle, blinking lights, etc.)
- Spare set of dry clothes
- Safety knife
- Paddle float
- Glass holder to keep glasses from falling off
- Repair kit (including pliers, nuts, bolts, tape, etc.)
- Paddle leash
- Food, high energy bars and snack
- Lip sunscreen, balm
- Dry Bags
- Paddling Jacket
- Spare eyeglasses
- Pogies or neoprene gloves (depending on the weather)
- Wetsuit, drysuit (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene hood (depending on the weather)
- Fleece top & pants (depending on the weather)
- Fleece cap (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene boots
- All overnight camping equipment (see hiking & backpacking section)
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Love The Flats On Cape Cod Bay At First Encounter Beach.
It was such a pretty day with so many fluffy, white clouds in the blue, blue sky. First Encounter Beach, where the Native Americans first encountered the Pilgrims on Cape Cod, was just beautiful. The tide was low so you could see the flats go out for what looks like miles. You can even see … Continue reading Love The Flats On Cape Cod Bay At First Encounter Beach.
The Surf Was Up At Nauset Light Beach On Cape Cod!
The waves were perfect for surfing at Nauset Light Beach in Eastham and the surfers were out trying to catch that “perfect wave.” It was great fun watching them all, especially on a cold, windy day in the middle of winter. Dedication!
Happy Valentine's Day From Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod!
I decided to make a Cape Cod Valentine’s Day Card for my friends and family who love Cape Cod. Of course the day I decided to make it was about 20 degrees with 20 mph winds. It was freezing, but I was determined. I drove down to Coast Guard Beach in the morning when the … Continue reading Happy Valentine’s Day From Coast Guard Beach On Cape Cod!