The following is a list of gear that should be taken on all day paddles in order to minimize the risk of any accidents occurring:
Don't forget to always leave a paddling itinerary with someone and always paddle with another person.
- PFD - personal floatation device
- Spray skirt
- Bilge pump
- Spare paddle
- Tow line
- First aid kit with personal medicine and space blanket
- Marine VHF radio
- Cell Phone
- Tide Charts (or at least know the tide schedule)
- Weather radio
- Day/night distress signal (flares, mirror, whistle, blinking lights, etc.)
- Spare set of dry clothes
- Safety knife
- Paddle float
- Glass holder to keep glasses from falling off
- Repair kit (including pliers, nuts, bolts, tape, etc.)
- Paddle leash
- Food, high energy bars and snack
- Lip sunscreen, balm
- Dry Bags
- Paddling Jacket
- Spare eyeglasses
- Pogies or neoprene gloves (depending on the weather)
- Wetsuit, drysuit (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene hood (depending on the weather)
- Fleece top & pants (depending on the weather)
- Fleece cap (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene boots
- All overnight camping equipment (see hiking & backpacking section)
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Hemenway Landing Through The Roses On Cape Cod!
I loved this perspective of Hemenway Landing and the moored boats through the Wild Rose bushes with a splash of color from the kayaks. So pretty, don’t you think?
Baby Raccoons At Our Litttle Bird Bath On Cape Cod.
We originally bought our little bird bath, which sits on the ground, for the little animals that needed a drink but couldn’t reach the taller bird bath. We realized that all the animals and the birds liked to drink from it and the birds loved taking a bath in the little one. (Click on blog … Continue reading Baby Raccoons At Our Litttle Bird Bath On Cape Cod.
Beautiful Bi-Colored Crown Vetch Wildflowers On Cape Cod.
Crown Vetch wildflowers are a creeping plant with bi-colored flowers that form a golf ball size cluster at the end of the stalks. They make a lovely ground cover. They bloom the entire summer from June through August. You can find them along many of the trails as well as along the sides of roads … Continue reading Beautiful Bi-Colored Crown Vetch Wildflowers On Cape Cod.