The following is a list of gear that should be taken on all day paddles in order to minimize the risk of any accidents occurring:
Don't forget to always leave a paddling itinerary with someone and always paddle with another person.
- PFD - personal floatation device
- Spray skirt
- Bilge pump
- Spare paddle
- Tow line
- First aid kit with personal medicine and space blanket
- Marine VHF radio
- Cell Phone
- Tide Charts (or at least know the tide schedule)
- Weather radio
- Day/night distress signal (flares, mirror, whistle, blinking lights, etc.)
- Spare set of dry clothes
- Safety knife
- Paddle float
- Glass holder to keep glasses from falling off
- Repair kit (including pliers, nuts, bolts, tape, etc.)
- Paddle leash
- Food, high energy bars and snack
- Lip sunscreen, balm
- Dry Bags
- Paddling Jacket
- Spare eyeglasses
- Pogies or neoprene gloves (depending on the weather)
- Wetsuit, drysuit (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene hood (depending on the weather)
- Fleece top & pants (depending on the weather)
- Fleece cap (depending on the weather)
- Neoprene boots
- All overnight camping equipment (see hiking & backpacking section)
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Beautiful Common Eider At Rock Harbor On Cape Cod.
It’s always fun to stop by Rock Harbor to see if there are any photo ops. There usually are! This Common Eider and his wife were swimming about the harbor, more interested in preening than fishing. Beautiful birds, don’t you think? Such a difference male to female…
śRetroť Photograph Of Coast Guard Station In Eastham On Cape Cod.
Phil and I were experimenting with our new cameras and took several “retro” photographs of the Coast Guard Station. We couldn’t decide which one we like better. Which one do you like better?
Gorgeous Skies At The Salt Pond In Eastham On Cape Cod.
The skies were magnificent as we hiked the Salt Pond Trail, also known as Nauset Marsh Trail, the other day. I took a horizontal photograph and thought that it looked pretty. The sky and clouds were spectacular. And then I took a vertical one. Wow! What do you think?