USA Pro Challenge

Discussion group on Biking techniques, gear, how to, places to ride and stories. Post Biking photographs.
Carol
1st Tier Forum Contributor

USA Pro Challenge

Post by Carol »

bikerace.jpg
bikerace.jpg (125.03 KiB) Viewed 90 times
bikerace1.jpg
bikerace1.jpg (131.72 KiB) Viewed 90 times
I happened to be in Colorado when the USA Pro Challenge was being held. The race came to an end in 2015, so I was happy that I got to see it. The bikers came by me so fast that we only saw them for a total of 15 minutes or less. The speed that they came by was incredible and I didn't have a fast enough shutter speed as you can see in one of my photographs. I should have set my camera to burst, but I didn't really know what to expect as I hadn't ever seen a bike race, been close to a bike race or I didn't know where to position myself on the course.

The race took place from August 19–25, 2013. It began in Aspen, wound its way through the Rocky Mountains at heights of up to 12,000 feet (3,700 m), and finished in the streets of downtown Denver.
There is so much excitement in nature photography. You just have to seek it out.
Greg

Re: USA Pro Challenge

Post by Greg »

I think you did quite well with showing the excitement of the crowd and the toughness of the competition with your 2 photographs. You have to go to a number of biking events to understand where to be located for the best photography. That takes a little practice, too. As far as the blurry participants, you can either have a sharp image or a blurry image to indicate the speed, etc. Both are fine.
Persistence pays off in photography. Keep on going back to the same place until you get the photograph you really want.