Sometimes you might want to change your photograph to a black & white photograph to give your photograph a totally different look. The following instructions describe how to change your photograph using Adobe Photoshop.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom in the image to a size you need to work with.
3. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and set the Blending Mode to Color. (Figure 4 - A) Click OK.
4. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and leave the Blending Mode to Normal. Set the Saturation to -100 (Figure 1 - A). Click 'OK'. Now you have two Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layers.
5. Double-click on the layer thumbnail of the bottom Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer. (Figure 2 - A)
6. The 'Hue' slider is what makes it all happen-move it around to see how the conversion reacts. (Figure 3 - A) You can also boost the saturation to make the effect more drastic.
7. Adjust it to your liking, and you're done! Tweaking the 'Hue' slider results in as if the picture was taken with different color filters.
8. Save the image with a new file name.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Low Tide At The Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary On Cape Cod
There is a wonderful hike at the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary where you can go out to the outer beaches, over a boardwalk. But only go at low tide or near low tide or you could get stuck! It was a glorious day last week with a blue sky and beautiful puffy clouds. We hiked … Continue reading Low Tide At The Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary On Cape Cod
Pretty Black Spicebush Swallowtail Butterfly In My Yard On Cape Cod
It was such a treat to see this black Spicebush Swallowtail butterfly feeding on the Zinnias in my yard here on Cape Cod. It is such a pretty butterfly. The Spicebush Swallowtail is a very large butterfly measuring 3 1/2″ to 4 1/2.” Its overall color is black with white and blue spots on its … Continue reading Pretty Black Spicebush Swallowtail Butterfly In My Yard On Cape Cod
Orange Sunrise Over Nauset Marsh At Fort Hill On Cape Cod
We were on our way to the gym a few days ago when we saw this awesome sunrise to the east. So, the next morning we left a bit earlier and got to Fort Hill, on the National Seashore, just as the sun started to rise. It was just spectacular as you can see the … Continue reading Orange Sunrise Over Nauset Marsh At Fort Hill On Cape Cod