Sometimes you might want to change your photograph to a black & white photograph to give your photograph a totally different look. The following instructions describe how to change your photograph using Adobe Photoshop.
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name.
2. Hold the Ctrl Key down and hit the + key a few times to zoom in the image to a size you need to work with.
3. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and set the Blending Mode to Color. (Figure 4 - A) Click OK.
4. Choose Layer --> New Adjustment Layer --> Hue/Saturation and leave the Blending Mode to Normal. Set the Saturation to -100 (Figure 1 - A). Click 'OK'. Now you have two Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layers.
5. Double-click on the layer thumbnail of the bottom Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer. (Figure 2 - A)
6. The 'Hue' slider is what makes it all happen-move it around to see how the conversion reacts. (Figure 3 - A) You can also boost the saturation to make the effect more drastic.
7. Adjust it to your liking, and you're done! Tweaking the 'Hue' slider results in as if the picture was taken with different color filters.
8. Save the image with a new file name.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Beautiful Greater Yellowlegs At Hemenway Landing On Cape Cod
Phil and I had just taken a hike at Fort Hill when we stopped at one of our favorite benches at Hemenway Landing, also part of the National Seashore. It looks out over Nauset Marsh and you can see Coast Guard Station in the distance. All of a sudden we heard a familiar call and … Continue reading Beautiful Greater Yellowlegs At Hemenway Landing On Cape Cod
Watch Out For Those New Sandbars At the Cape Cod Beaches!
There are so many new sandbars on the Cape Cod beaches because of the ferocious winter storms that moved the sand everywhere. It was a bit unnerving to watch this family wade through the water out to the sandbar yesterday. It was very cool on the beach. We had our winter jackets on with the … Continue reading Watch Out For Those New Sandbars At the Cape Cod Beaches!
The Goldfinches Are Turning Vibrant Yellow On Cape Cod
It’s so much fun to watch the Goldfinches as they change from a drab yellowy-brown in the winter to a bright yellow for the summer. These two Goldfinches were getting a drink at our bird bath. They lean down and get a drink of water and then put their heads back and swallow. So cute, … Continue reading The Goldfinches Are Turning Vibrant Yellow On Cape Cod