6. On the layers palette, click the Layer 1 Thumbnail while at the same time holding the Ctrl key down (Figure 2 - C). This will create a selection outline around layer.
7. Use Quick Mask by clicking the "Select Edit In Quick Mask Mode Button located at the bottom right of the toolbox (Figure 1 - A).
8. Choose Filter --> Blur --> Gaussian Blur to blur the Quick Mask (start with 95 pixels and change to suit your taste).
9. Exit Quick Mask by clicking on the "Edit In Standard Mode Button" located at the bottom left of the toolbox (Figure 1 - B).
10. Deselect the selected area by either (Ctrl+D) or Choose Select --> Deselect.
11. Click on Layer 1 Thumbnail (Figure 2 - C). From the pull down layer types, change the layer from Normal to Lighten (Figure 2 - D).
12. On the Layer 1 Thumbnail change the opacity from 100% to a lower percent to suit your taste (Figure 2 - E).
13. Save the image with a new file name.