Sometimes you need to sharpen the hair and eyes while at the same time leaving the skin natural. Using the technique described below will add sharpness to the hair and eyes in your photographs.
How To Sharpen The Hair And Eyes
1. Open the file. Choose File --> Open --> Enter the image name to be fixed.
2. Make a duplicate copy of the image by either (Ctl+J) or Choose Layer --> New --> Layer Via Copy.
3. Select the new layer. Set the Blend Mode to Overlay (Figure 1 A) and set the Opacity to 75% (Figure 1 B). You can always change the opacity setting to suit your preference and your photograph.
4. Select the new layer. Open the filter box. Choose Filter --> Other --> High Pass. Start with a setting of 2 for the Pixel Radius (Figure 2 A). You can always change this setting to suit your preference and your photograph. Click OK.
5. Choose the eraser and erase from the new layer any unwanted sharpness that is unnecessary. Set the eraser to a size which will enable you to erase small portions of your photograph.
My Outdoor Eyes Photography Blog|
Beautiful Greater Yellowlegs At Hemenway Landing On Cape Cod
Phil and I had just taken a hike at Fort Hill when we stopped at one of our favorite benches at Hemenway Landing, also part of the National Seashore. It looks out over Nauset Marsh and you can see Coast Guard Station in the distance. All of a sudden we heard a familiar call and … Continue reading Beautiful Greater Yellowlegs At Hemenway Landing On Cape Cod
Watch Out For Those New Sandbars At the Cape Cod Beaches!
There are so many new sandbars on the Cape Cod beaches because of the ferocious winter storms that moved the sand everywhere. It was a bit unnerving to watch this family wade through the water out to the sandbar yesterday. It was very cool on the beach. We had our winter jackets on with the … Continue reading Watch Out For Those New Sandbars At the Cape Cod Beaches!
The Goldfinches Are Turning Vibrant Yellow On Cape Cod
It’s so much fun to watch the Goldfinches as they change from a drab yellowy-brown in the winter to a bright yellow for the summer. These two Goldfinches were getting a drink at our bird bath. They lean down and get a drink of water and then put their heads back and swallow. So cute, … Continue reading The Goldfinches Are Turning Vibrant Yellow On Cape Cod